This question came to my mind after seeing this question about secondary ed job postings.
While this site is about mathematics education, and educators have to think about jobs and how to acquire them ... I think it's a difficult question to decide whether to allow and promote questions only about employment. I can see this as a slippery slope of sorts. For instance, the following questions are about math education and jobs, to varying degrees:
- What's the best way to convey one's enthusiasm for teaching in a job interview?
- How should I write my "teaching philosophy" for a math job application?
- What are some of the downsides of being a math teacher?
- How do you supplement your income with other math-oriented jobs, especially teaching/tutoring?
- What are the best graduate programs for math teacher training?
- Is the job market for secondary ed better than elementary ed, in math?
As you can see, these are all "about" math education. Do they all fit into the mold of this site and our collective vision for it? I propose using this thread as a discussion for the kinds of questions I listed here, and any other related considerations.
Follow-up: I suggest up-voting this post if you view this as a helpful/necessary discussion to have, and up-voting individual answers to support their viewpoints.