I am a mathematics educator. Algebraic thinking, use and misuse of examples, students’ understanding of proofs, and phenomenographical analyses of students’ understanding of mathematical concepts have been at the heart of my quest for knowledge that is documented here amirasghari.com.
Member for 6 years, 6 months
1 profile view
Last seen Apr 24 '17 at 9:24
- Mathematics Educators 4.1k 4.1k 1111 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 2.1k 2.1k 33 gold badges3333 silver badges5252 bronze badges
- Mathematics 818 818 55 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 301 301 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Arts & Crafts 141 141 44 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 71 Is rigour just a ritual that most mathematicians wish to get rid of if they could?
- 71 Are there proofs that you feel you did not "understand" for a long time?
- 50 How can an extremely mathematically talented young person be helped to fulfill his/her potential?
- 35 Is Euclid dead?
- 33 Historical (personal) examples of teaching-based research
- 32 Does seeing beyond the course you teach matter? The case of linear algebra and matrices
- 32 How to solve the problem of Wolfram Alpha?
- View more network posts →