I'm a professor of mathematics at New Mexico Tech, in Socorro, NM. My mathematical interests are primarily in optimization and applications of optimization to parameter estimation and inverse problems, particularly in the earth sciences.
Member for 5 years, 5 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jan 18 '19 at 4:08
- Academia 33.4k 33.4k 33 gold badges6262 silver badges117117 bronze badges
- Computational Science 17.2k 17.2k 11 gold badge3232 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- Mathematics 9.1k 9.1k 22 gold badges1717 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 4.7k 4.7k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 3.7k 3.7k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 104 Solving for regression parameters in closed-form vs gradient descent
- 95 How to handle a student who will not accept that he is wrong?
- 72 Elsevier production team messed up my paper. What should I do?
- 71 What are the motivations for publishing new editions of an existing textbook, beyond new discoveries in a field?
- 67 How to explain to a student that it is common to include a supervisor as a co-author?
- 65 why is A*v+B*v faster than (A+B)*v?
- 64 A professor has offered to send me a hard copy of his new book. Would it be rude to ask for a PDF file instead?
- View more network posts →