I teach math at Contra Costa College, and have been teaching math for over 30 years, mostly at college level. I edited Playing with Math: Stories from Math Circles, Homeschoolers, and Passionate Teachers. I blog at Math Mama Writes.
Top network posts
- 34 What are some great books for exploring mathematics? (not kids' books and not textbooks)
- 33 Is this primarily a "rote computational trick" for multiplication by 9?
- 31 Grading a limit problem
- 29 What is a good reason to change calculus texts?
- 28 Encouraging class participation
- 27 How can we help students who are very anxious about math?
- 26 Looking for simple "interesting" math problems that cannot be easily solved without algebra
- View more network posts →