I teach math and computer science at a small liberal arts university. My background is in math (specifically, universal algebra) but over the years I've gravitated more towards CS. I most enjoy things like discrete optimization or Monte Carlo simulations since they have a nice blend of math and CS. For hobbies I like reading history, playing chess and origami. I can be contacted at: jcoleman [insert symbol for at] franciscan [insert dot] edu
Member for 4 years, 5 months
0 profile views
Last seen Aug 3 '16 at 14:42
- Stack Overflow 44.2k 44.2k 66 gold badges4444 silver badges9999 bronze badges
- Mathematics 4.9k 4.9k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Academia 3.9k 3.9k 22 gold badges1010 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 1.4k 1.4k 66 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Chess 1.3k 1.3k 55 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 218 Failing students when it might cause them economic ruin
- 126 Efficient way to search an element
- 114 Is there a way to find the log of very large numbers?
- 74 Why cells(1,1) = 500 * 100 causes overflow but 50000*100 doesn't?
- 63 Is it safe to turn on a 40-year old TRS-80?
- 61 Determining the full type of a variable
- 53 What exactly is an equation?
- View more network posts →