Dave L Renfro
Primary Mathematical Interests:
Study and use of negligible sets, especially involving porosity notions and fractal dimension notions.
Application and refinements of the Baire category method for proving existence.
Classical point set theory and real function theory.
History of nowhere differentiable continuous functions and history of the topics above.
My email address has the form "firstname period lastname at YAHOO period COM".
Iowa City, IA, USA
Member for 6 years, 4 months
4 profile views
Last seen May 29 at 20:24
- Mathematics 28.6k 28.6k 33 gold badges4848 silver badges8989 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 4.3k 4.3k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Academia 2.5k 2.5k 22 gold badges99 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 2.1k 2.1k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 2k 2k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 212 How discontinuous can a derivative be?
- 189 Has anyone, based on great performance, ever been awarded a higher degree than the one they enrolled for?
- 62 Integers $n$ such that $i(i+1)(i+2) \cdots (i+n)$ is real or pure imaginary
- 43 High-level linear algebra book
- 42 How to show this formula to get a square root of a number in "just few seconds" is true?
- 38 How many times do you have to use L'Hôpital's rule?
- 34 Visualizing the factorial
- View more network posts →