I am Professor of Logic at Oxford University and Sir Peter Strawson Fellow in Philosophy at University College Oxford. I was formerly affiliated with the City University of New York (CUNY Graduate Center, Mathematics, Philosophy and Computer Science & College of Staten Island, Mathematics).
My research is mostly in logic, broadly construed, especially mathematical logic and set theory, with connections to other areas.
Top network posts
- 287 What are some reasonable-sounding statements that are independent of ZFC?
- 220 What are the most misleading alternate definitions in taught mathematics?
- 217 Can you answer my son's fourth-grade homework question: Which numbers are prime, have digits adding to ten and have a three in the tens place?
- 182 Is the analysis as taught in universities in fact the analysis of definable numbers?
- 147 Solutions to the Continuum Hypothesis
- 122 Most 'unintuitive' application of the Axiom of Choice?
- 122 Are the "proofs by contradiction" weaker than other proofs?
- View more network posts →